[AktiviX] (no subject)

Asa Winstanley asa at youthwise.org
Tue Dec 23 01:22:35 UTC 2003

A new Media Hacklab is getting started in the east end of London. Based at
the Freedom Press bookshop and social centre, it aims to be an open
political space for alternative media, free software, training courses
(e.g. GNU/Linux for activists, GNU/Linux for computer virgins, web
design), community projects and various other great stuff. The projects
that happen there will depend on the commitment of those involved. There
is an open meeting planned to discuss both the practical work that needs
doing and the political foundations of the lab:

SATURDAY JANUARY the 10th 2004

This will be followed (fri 16th to sun 18th jan 2004) with a work weekend.
Much has been done so far but we need a solid few days of work to get the
lab into a state where it can start to be used.

Anyone interested please come along: this is a very exciting project!

A web site is currently being worked on, in the meantime we have a wiki page:
http://www.hacklabs.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Freedom_Hacklab

and there is a mailing list too:
freedomlab at sinroot.net