[AktiviX] Richard Stallman speech, London 26 Oct

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 09:52:31 UTC 2003

I have just uploaded Richard Stallman's speech about the danger of
software patents.

He makes a very clear, logical case of how patents damage community
development and put control of development of our computerised society
in the hands of the richest.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/audio.html#WMUPAT2003

RMS was also in Sheffield on the same weekend. Unfortunately, the
quality of recording I have from the Sheffield event is very poor. If
anyone has a good recording, please let me know. After the speech in
Sheffield, RMS had an interesting discussion with Richard Allen MP for
Sheffield Hallam, who attended the speech.