[AktiviX] linux publishing tool

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Sun Nov 30 00:44:44 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 02:32:35PM -0000, Anarcho Babe wrote:
> trying to find an alternative for costly QuarkXpress and Adobe Pagemaker
> for making fnb flyers, I came across the Linux version Scribus.
> However, apart from working fine but being a bit short with documentation,
> help files or similar, prints of the produced pdf s under windows show
> totally messed up fonts even when I set the default fonts to "Helvetica" or
> "Times".
>
> So I just wondered if anybody else has come across a better publishing
> programme under Linux, without the fonts incompatilities?

I don't think there is really any equivalent alternative to Scribus on Linux.
I looked, a few months ago. I could be wrong.

So the best thing to do might be to send in a bug report. It might be something
that can be fixed quite quickly.

I know some free software developers can be quite narky but it really depends.
Try it and see. If you get no response, or an unhelpful response, I will look
into it for you - but best to ask the developer(s) who know the software best
first, i.e. those who made it.
--
Robin