[AktiviX-discuss] AktiviX Community Colo Idea...

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Wed Dec 8 15:05:13 UTC 2004

Hi

I guess people have come across the Community Colo project
in the US:

  http://www.communitycolo.org/

Riseup are involved in the Seattle one:

  http://www.seaccp.org/

It would be very cool to do something like this in the UK
and with prices like this in Manchester:

  full 47u rack with 1Mb/second Internet bandwidth from
  £400 per month inclusive

  http://www.internetf.co.uk/

It seems doable to me -- in the US they charge $50 per 1U
per month, we could set it at £50 per 1U per month...

Of coures a lot of stuff would need to be sorted, probably
including setting up a limited liability company etc...
Some idea around this have been knocked about by
Indymedia:

  http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/UkLegalConstitution

If we want to go for it there is a howto here we could
follow :-)

  http://www.communitycolo.org/starting.php

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World