[AktiviX] which distro?

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Thu Feb 5 12:35:30 UTC 2004

Hi Peter,

Damn Small Linux is really nice - it's really a run off a cd distro, but is
fairly easy to install. it's fast - even on a 100mhz, and has light
programmes (ie not sexy, but perfectly usable). based on debian, so easy to
install this, and then apt-get anything else you may want...
http://damnsmalllinux.org/

blag is good - will be slowish but still usable on a 100mhz. it's got
everything you need, and is based on redhat http://blagblagblag.org/

debian, as always, fast and stable, but no the easiest to
install....http://www.uk.debian.org

vector is also difficult to install, but designed for lower end machines.
http://vectorlinux.org/

my favourite use for old pentiums is as an X-terminal
http://seedsforchange.org.uk/res/term.html.

good luck!

max

ps with a large scsi disk like that it would be a wonderful file, ftp or
web-server... you could use it as a server, and still have it working as an
x-terminal...