[AktiviX-discuss] GPL for the AktiviX wiki?

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Mon Jul 19 10:40:44 UTC 2004

Hi Mark

I just saw you comment on the AktiviX wiki:

  Activix should not use FDL and not use CC, because none
  of those are free software licences. If you believe in
  free software and like the GPL, please use the GPL for
  your creation. Email me if you want to know more. - MJR

  https://wiki.aktivix.org/index.php?title=AktiviX:Copyrights&curid=627&diff=0&oldid=265

There is one other wiki I know of that uses the GPL, the
Slugbug one (the Sheffield Linux users group):

  http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/Main_Page

And for this it does make sense since people often paste
small shell scripts etc onto the site.

My question is -- is the GPL suitable for a site where
most of the content is not software?

Chris