[AktiviX] Re: riseup alternative

Max Gastone banangling at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 20:26:05 UTC 2004

I think that it is really important that we have an
alternative to take the pressure off of RiseUp as well
- for starters, it is bad to have so much centred
around it.

I would be up for helping with a UK based alternative,
but I am concerned about security issues, for example
the RIP Act - fairly toothless towards end users but
could be used to heavily affect servers.

So, nice idea, how can we take this forward; this
would be ideal for discussing at the Sheffield event,
but it would be good to have some basics sorted out
before hand, or at least a skeleton outline of
aim/requirements.

Ta
Max