[AktiviX] New issue of e-journal

Drew Whitworth drew at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 15:51:29 UTC 2004

Dear all,

If you'll forgive this plug for the new issue of my e-journal, out
now:

"TANGENTIUM is an online journal devoted to the discussion of
alternative
perspectives on IT, politics and society. Its task is to enquire how
the
information and communications technologies which are becoming so
important in our lives impact upon matters such as social relations,
education, democracy, and our relationship with the world itself.
Rather
than presenting arguments drawn from a narrow technical perspective
it
seeks support from other fields of knowledge whether in the
humanities,
social sciences or natural sciences in order that we can better
understand
the fields in which we work.

The March 2004 issue has just been released. Its theme is 'Cyberspace
and the Noosphere'. What do we actually mean when we use the term
'cyberspace'? The essays presented in this issue try and answer this
question by drawing on concepts from environmental studies and
exploring
their interaction with information and communication technologies.

Tangentium is edited at the School of Computing, University of Leeds,
and
can be read at http://www.tangentium.org/ . Comments and
contributions
to future issues are more than welcome: see the relevant pages on the
site
or e-mail the editor, Drew Whitworth, on drew at comp.leeds.ac.uk. "

Incidentally, I'm interested in taking contributions for the May
issue on Anarchism and the Free Software Movement... about which many
on this list would have interesting things to say. Some of you are
already aware of this, but the more the merrier really so contact me
if you are interested in writing something.

Yours, Drew
--
Drew Whitworth, School of Computing, University of Leeds, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)1422 844579.  E-mail: drew at comp.leeds.ac.uk
http://www.tangentium.org/ - alternatives in IT, politics and
society.