[AktiviX] Media Hacklab open meeting this Sunday

spanner spanner at riseup.net
Mon May 10 09:04:56 UTC 2004

Asa Winstanley wrote:

>>A lot of us non-Londoners are inspired by all the hard work
>>you're putting in on this though, and several of us here in
>>Oxford are talking about building something resembling your
>>description of the hacklab.  I hope to get to one of your
>>meetings very soon to meet up and learn more about what you've
>>done.  Thanks!
>

> Wow! That is REALLY encouraging to hear. You don't mind if I print
> off your email and show that part of it to people at the meeting
> tonight do you?

Sure.  I think I've replied too late though. :)

> It would be great if you or any other of your
> group could make it to a meeting.

Definitely, and I think I can get some Oxford people along too.

> We should link up! We have some
> parts and resources to spare, so maybe we could get a little
> mutual aid going between us. The beginnings of a Hacklab network
> in the UK? I hope so!

Excellent idea.  We also have some surplus hardware and resource to
share, maybe we can inventory it, if we ever get the time.  It's mainly
stacked up in one Oxford IMCistas's house at the moment: boxes of
cables, big dusty P133s waiting to be useful again, etc.  What are you
short of at the moment?

> The other stuff is on the agenda for tonight as well, so it will
> come up anyway. I will make some of your points, as they are
> valid.

Thanks.  But I should be donating time, effort and hardware, not just
criticism. :) I'll mail you soon to fix up a time.