[AktiviX-discuss] list request lost in moderator space

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:51:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 04:19:58PM -0000, chip wrote:

> aktiv at zenatode.org.uk said:
>
> > I also have an account at riseup, which is
> > clearly better, but I agree with someone who pointed out that it
> > is unwise for all activists to rely on a single system for mailing
> > lists. Aktivix seems like an excellent alternative, well done to
> > all those who helped get it going.
>
> perhaps we should all not rely on Aktivix then  ;o)

Indeed. I have created one list at zenatode.org.uk using
Lars Wirzenius' EoC mailing list manager running on a
debian box where I have a shell account. However, that
is not really a practical solution for the majority of
people who might want to set up a list.

Has anyone compiled a list of activist-friendly list hosts?
I know about aktivix and lists.riseup.net and remember seeing
one or two others mentioned. I am thinking UK-based here, but
there is obviously an argument for hosting UK-related lists
in other countries to make it a bit more difficult for Blair
et al to shut them down (and conversely, offering to host
lists for activists in other countries on UK servers).

I am aware that all this may have been extensively discussed
already but I have only just joined aktivix-discuss and have
not had time to plough through the archive - sorry.

Cheers,
Ian

Be a bug in the system.

--