[AktiviX-discuss] list request lost in moderator space

chip chiapas at riseup.net
Thu Nov 4 17:53:56 UTC 2004

hi

Ian Gregory said:

> I know about aktivix and lists.riseup.net and remember seeing
> one or two others mentioned. I am thinking UK-based here, but
> there is obviously an argument for hosting UK-related lists
> in other countries to make it a bit more difficult for Blair
> et al to shut them down (and conversely, offering to host
> lists for activists in other countries on UK servers).

riseup is based in the US:

[chip at chop chip]$ ping lists.riseup.net
PING lists.riseup.net (69.90.134.154) 56(84) bytes of data.

there's sindominio in spain:

http://sindominio.net/

there's autistici in italy:

http://www.autistici.org/en/index.html

that's all i can think of for now - there must be more.

with the recent indymedia-fbi episode, however, it's possible that an
investigation that originated from abroad took out 20 indymedia sites for
5 days so it doesn't always pay to host in another country.

chip
--
http://sheffield.indymedia.org.uk