[AktiviX-discuss] (no subject)

maqui at burngreave.net maqui at burngreave.net
Sun Oct 24 17:23:38 UTC 2004

Hello aktivix people!

This is maqui, one of the imc-uk folk in london that has recently been given
the
honour of having email addresses hosted in aktivix.org :-)

I had a chat with r7 in indymedia irc a couple of days ago, and i asked him to
clarify some doubts i had about my new aktivix identity.

Basically there are two things i'd like to ask:

1 - Today I tried to change my password by clicking at the 'password" icon in
my
login page in horde, but i got some wierd error page. (?)

and

2 - I do need to be able to download the mail to my computer using a email
client. For me its a bit tricky to do it online, because I am still on dial-up
connection, and I share the telephone line with two other people. I'd like to
be able to do my mail offline.

I use an old McIntosh machine which operates OS 8.6.
The clien't I've been using until now is Claris Emailer 0.2

So basically I'd like to use a pop connection with the above specifications (or
other similar solution :)

Now, I know very litle about tech stuff, so from what I gather after talking to
r7 is that (quotting him) "i can send mail through an ssh tunnel using macssh"
.. whatever that means :) ... and that apperently what's needed is to find a
"macssh/claris solution".

He asked me to send this request here, so more folks can see it and it gets
documented.

So here it is. Any help is muuuch appreciated :-)

Thankx

maqui