[AktiviX-discuss] (no subject)

andi andi at syndicate.org.uk
Mon Oct 25 09:05:33 UTC 2004

Quoting Alan Dawson <aland at burngreave.net>:

> Quoting maqui at burngreave.net:

<snip>

> > 2 - I do need to be able to download the mail to my
> > computer using a email client. For me its a bit tricky to
> > do it online, because I am still on dial-up connection,
> > and I share the telephone line with two other people. I'd
> > like to be able to do my mail offline.
>

> there is support for pops and imaps at the moment
>
> see
>
> http://wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Help:Mail

ie: POP server: springnight.burngreave.net port: 995 (secure POP)
hrm - maqui works on a MacOS 8.6 old-style powermac. i've tried
to configure MacSSH on such machines with Claris Emailer but
failed miserably. isn't there a normal unencrypted POP?

> The distinctions between the different domains hosted
> (burngreave.net, aktivix.org, .. some others ) are all a
> bit blurry at the moment.  This will get better when all
> the a/c are moved to a new machine soon. ( sooner the
> better )

does that mean when using a activix.org mail the secure pop would
still be springnight.burngreave.net, or springnight.activix.org ?

cheers, andi