[AktiviX-discuss] (no subject)

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Mon Oct 25 22:20:19 UTC 2004

Quoting andi <andi at syndicate.org.uk>:

> ie: POP server: springnight.burngreave.net port: 995 (secure POP)
> hrm - maqui works on a MacOS 8.6 old-style powermac. i've tried
> to configure MacSSH on such machines with Claris Emailer but
> failed miserably. isn't there a normal unencrypted POP?

there is normal unencrypted pop now ..  surely we should encourage use of
encryption though wherever possible :-)

/me remembering the free swan  projects aims to "secure 5% of the Internet
traffic against passive wiretapping"

http://www.freeswan.org/history.html

> does that mean when using a activix.org mail the secure pop would
> still be springnight.burngreave.net, or springnight.activix.org ?

No secure pop /imaps / smtp tls /  server is always springnight.burngreave.net

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla

 cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality
 authorises all variations and guarantees every freedom. "