[AktiviX-discuss] list-/email-requests: proposal

Josh Robinson jmr59 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 22:08:02 UTC 2005

I forget what's been said in the past. I propose that

- We set up a specific list for account-requests (aktivix-request at lists,
perhaps); membership open to anyone known to us; unarchived, perhaps, or
private archives

- People wanting an email account or list email that list with the
request. Ideally they would ask their 'friend' (who need not be on the
list herself) to email the list as well, to second the request. If this
doesn't happen, we ask the person requesting an account to get a friend to
get in touch with us. (This is presuming that we still want to use FOAF)

- Any discussion can take place on that list; if contentious, the issue
can be brought up (anonymously) on aktivix-discuss.

I suspect that (as at present) the vast majority of the decisions will be
simple, and approved as soon as there's a seconder.

All open to ammending, of course.

Loves,

Josh