[AktiviX-discuss] Thunderbird - aktivix prob

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Wed Jan 19 14:42:05 UTC 2005

Quoting dan at aktivix.org:

> Hey up!
>
> I'm having a little problem: just set up a new home network, installed
> thunderbird to access my aktivix account.  It's working fine for receiving
> e-mail, and if I send myself a test one it's fine.  If I try and sent to
> anyone
> else I get this error -

Have you followed the instructions here

http://wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Help:Mail
http://wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Help:Mail:Kmail-Imap
http://aland.burngreave.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Thunderbird

The last one is for thunderbird

> 5.7.1. Relaying denied.  IP name lookup failed (ten someone else's IP...?)
> Please verify that your mail address is correct in your mail preferences and
> try again.

This sounds like you haven't authenticated against the server

http://aland.burngreave.net/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=Thunderbird&id=thunderbird11

> As far as I can tell, all of my details are spot-on.  Whassup?

Its the Account Settings > Outgoing Server ( SMTP ) box

Use name and password -> dan

Security -> TLS

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily