[AktiviX-discuss] software idea patents law project amendments

charlie charlie at peopleandplanet.org
Tue Jul 12 09:07:31 UTC 2005

Yay for anti-patent campaigners!

It looks like the proposed legislation has been defeated.

No doubt the US corporations will be pressuring Europe again and we'll
see some kind of bastard spawn of patent legislation re-emerge in a years'
time or something, but looks good for now ;-)))

http://wiki.ffii.org/Ep050706En
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/06/eu_bins_swpat/

( I'm particularly chuffed as I'd been running a workshop on s/w idea
patents at the G8 the day before the decision (!) )

There is an introductory briefing available from my website:
http://charlieharvey.org.uk/cgi-bin/writings.pl?seen=1&uid=49

For people who want to change it, scribus originals are available by
emailing me ( charlie at peopleandplanet.org ).

Cheers,
Charlie