[AktiviX-discuss] UK Hosting

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Tue Nov 1 17:39:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:32:29PM +0000, Chris wrote:

> For example when a page on the UK Indymedia site resulted
> in a libel threat a while ago Black Cat Networks
> immediatly told the person running a mirror on their
> network to pull the page, no indication that they actually
> considered thinking about it... GreenNet would be *far*
> better in this respect...

I have a website hosted at Black Cat Networks and when some
asshole went over my head and complained to them about some
content on my site they were quite supportive.

They told the complainant to go away and talk to me about it,
and they told me that they would not ask me to remove anything
unless they received an official letter from a lawyer.

The complainant kept changing his mind, first saying he didn't
mind me keeping the content after all, then without warning
making a renewed threat to Black Cat Networks. At this point,
though I believed that the complaint was pure bullshit, I
decided to remove the content myself. I left a mirrored copy
of a related Indymedia page on my site but after a while he
spotted that and asked me to remove it. Since the original
was still up at Indymedia I again decided to comply.

By the way, more than 6 months later the original is *still*
up at Indymedia, despite the guy's claims that his legal team
were getting it taken down:

http://boston.indymedia.org/newswire/display/34254/index.php

Ian

--