[AktiviX-discuss] Hackmeeting 2005, in Menorca, in Spanish

ana anap at riseup.net
Mon Oct 3 00:35:17 UTC 2005

Please forward to all hacklabs lists. btw there is an international website,
hacklabs.org, where you are invited to add a link to the website of your
hacklabs. If you can't find your way to add yourselves, there is an email
address on that site, or you can also send me an email and i'll forward it
to them...

             CALL 4 NODES - BE A PART, DON'T BE APART
                         Hackmeeting 2005

http://sindominio.net/hackmeeting/index.php/2005/Call4Nodes/en

   ..:: freedom still in development... please stand by ::..

                              v.2.0

                       ..::   INTRO   ::..

This message is a call for YOUR participation into the 2005
edition of the HackMeeting, taking place the 21st, 22nd and
23rd of October in Menorca (Spain). We are looking forward
to receive proposals for nodes of workshops, activities,
debates, meetings, etc. in order to create a network of
activities and encounters around hacktivism, cyberspace,
telecommunications and its technopolitical dimensions during
a full (and free) weekend.

We've switched from the traditional call4papers to the
call4nodes where participation is not restricted to just
papers but to a wider range of media (workshops, conferences,
round tables, expositions, posters, etc) that build-up the
so-called nodes. As you already may know, the HM is actually
a participative event where the breach between organizers and
public melts into the necessity for collective self-managing
of the event. Thus we are looking forward to see you joining
us!

This year, the hackmeeting will be held along the
constant struggle for the liberation of spaces and networks
for knowledge circulation. In the physical aspect, we won
the sue for the illegal eviction of the CSOA Labo03 [1] (a
squatted and self-managed social center in Madrid); at the
european parliament we also won the refusal of the software
patents law; at the cyberspace, our virtual meeting point,
we are celebrating the constant increase of our community
[2] and that of more robust, stable and, of course, free
systems. There are still efforts trying to set up orwelian
control systems around us, such as the Data Retention Program
[3] whose implementation, if approved at the EU parliament,
would store about 4 years of Internet and telephone
(including mobile phones).

During our constant work for the creation of spaces for
collective experimentation, knowledge difusion and skill
sharing, we often clash against bureaucratically compiled
programs (designed to stop this kind of activities): for
instance those materialized into police forces and estate
agencies which execute inexistent judicial orders that have
already obliterated the "L'Estella" squat from Mataró [4]
--where the hackmeeting was going to take place this year--
now relocated at "La Fibra" squat [5], the squat "Llucalari"
from Menorca was also taken over, later relocated in
Biniancolla (Menorca) and currently under eviction threat.

Growing under the counter-culture movement, HackMeetings
defend the right to experiment in freedom, to open up new
spaces for colletive creation and to overcome our individual
limitations by the reconstruction and self-management of
preexistent social codes and spaces.

[1] The HackMeeting 2002 takes place:
    http://sindominio.net/laboratorio
[2] Ten new HackLabs in Spain this year:
    http://hacklabs.org
[3] On Data Retention:
    http://dataretentionisnosolution.com/
[4] Squat "L'Estella" (Mataró):
    http://www.musaik.net/estella/
[5] Squat "La Fibra":
    http://musaik.net/lafibra

                  ..::   WHERE AND WHEN   ::..

                       [Hm.<K'05] MenorHack
                     HACKMEETING Menorca 2005
       Balearic Islands (straight to Eibissa, then turn left)
            "http://proyectohacklabmenorca.blogsome.com/"
                  --->   October 21, 22, 23 <---
                     (("Es Mercadal", Menorca))
                "http://www.sindominio.net/hackmeeting"

 --->  DEADLINE FOR NODE PROPOSALS: 5th - October - 2005  <---

                     ..::   TOPICS   ::..

The following are some of the topics that have been present in
past editions of the hackmeeting or that we'd like to discuss
during the upcoming, though they are not the only ones. We are
always looking for new points of view and discoveries that you
may be willing to show off, debates you may want to coordinate,
ideas and techniques you wish to share...

 * Reality hacking
 * Copyleft
 * What our defences are against copyright
 * Self-managed wireless networks
 * Telematic counter-culture
 * Autonomous servers
 * WSIS countersummit
 * Free software: Gnu/Linux, Debian, etc.
 * Criptography
 * Video, mediactivism
 * Hacktivism
 * e-Government: Laws, Cibercrime, infopol, censoreship, ...
 * e-Corporations: copyright, patents, monopolies...
 * New technologies in and around education
 * Universal access to networks, knowledge and techniques.
 * Civil disobedience/Information Society
 * Ciberpunk
 * Artivism
 * Internet history and its relationship with social mouvements
 * Hacker philosophy. Hackerism
 * Privacity, e-anonimity.
 * Hacklabs
 * Computer reciclyng
 * Iniciation into GNU/Linux, TCP/IP, passwording...
 * Phreaking
 * Hacking
 * Reverse engineering
 * Virus creation and spreading. Viral ethics.
 * Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Life
 * Smart cards, Digital sign.
 * Tips and tricks (getting power from the phone-line, building
   a PC-table with recycled materials...)
 * Is server-squatting similar to building-squatting?
 * Round tables. Brainstorming
 * Debates on books and texts

                   ..::   MODALITIES   ::..

Modalities are all open. Some suggestions:

 * Posters (explaining and sinthesizing a group's activities,
   someone's ideas, or the results of a project/investigation)
 * Talks (about 1 and a half, or 2 hours each of them)
 * Workshops (about 2 or 3 hours each, with a more
   participative character)
 * Meetings for coordination
 * Round tables (360º)
 * Expositions (GPL material, old computers, ingenious
   inventions, new techniques...)

As well as the presential modalities, the HM will provide
virtual participation, so video, audio, and text-writing are
always welcome to be uploaded and discusses in the network.

just in case you want to start participating in the node of
your proposal and watch over the process that will follow your
action.

In any case, to promote a node you must send an e-mail with the
following heading "[node] proposal_name" to these two addresses:

* hackmeeting @ sindominio.net
* charlas @ sindominio.net

(the latter is in charge or coordination of the timetables of
the HM)

In the body of the message we propose you to fill-in the
following data according to the nature of your proposal:

* Information for the public/attendants:
 0. Modality
    a) Talk
    b) Workshop
    c) Round table
    d) Poster
    e) Exposition
    f) Coordination meeting
    g) Other
 1. Name of the author/facilitator/coordinator
 2. Title
 3. Abstract
 4. Keywords
 5. Required knowledge for attendants
 6. Structure and contents
 7. Methodology: exposition, debate, getting-hands-dirty, etc.
 8. Duration
 9. Bibliography, links, references (if any).

* Information for coordination:
 10. Required material (including type of room/space,
     tables/chairs/whatever).
 11. Preferred timetabling
 12. Certainty of attendancy (from 1 to 10)
 13. Documents or archives related to the node (software,
     presentations/text/video/audio files,...)

	      ..::  OTHER WAYS OF PARTICIPATING  ::..
where the Assembly is permanently meeting:
"hackmeeting at listas.sindominio.net"

You can subscribe at:

              ..::    FURTHER INFORMATION    ::..

The first Hackmeeting was hold in Fiorenza in 1998. Since then,
it has been repeated anually in Italy (the last
italian Hm along with all the previous links are put together
at http://hackmeeting.org).

The first spanish-speaking hackmeeting in Europe was hold
in Barcelona[6], followed by the 2001 edition at Leioa-Euskadi
[7], the 2002 at Madrid [8], the 2003 at Iruña [9] and the
2004 at Seville [10].

[6] http://sindominio.net/hmbcn00
[7] http://sindominio.net/~hm/hm2001
[8] http://sindominio.net/~hm/hmmadhack02
[9] http://sindominio.net/~hm/iruña03
[10] http://sindominio.net/~hm/sevilla04

Should you require any further information, you may write to
the following mailing list: hackmeeting at sindominio.net or else
visit directly the event's webapge:

http://sindominio.net/hackmeeting

Obtained from