[AktiviX-discuss] aktivix III mentioned in IRC

Harry Halpin hhalpin at ibiblio.org
Thu Oct 20 20:05:05 UTC 2005

Oh, and the only other advantage I can think of is that we might be able
to get Phil Wadler
(one of the inventors of Haskell for us functional programming geeks -
and now he's got his eyes on making a "PHP killer") to give a workshop
on Haskell and we could possibly grab Henry Thompson (W3C XML guy) to do
a workshop on RSS/XML sort of stuff possibly. Both used to be former
anti-nuke activists in Scotland, but they seem to have missed the
anti-globalization bandwagon. Would have to ask both of them, but there
used to be a branch of Computer Professionals and Social Responsibility
very active up in Scotland in the 1980s, partially influenced by the
whole Faslane vortex of energy I think...

                       -harry