[AktiviX-discuss] WIFI question: picking up with one antenna, forwarding with another

mp mp at aktivix.org
Thu Apr 20 01:12:08 UTC 2006

hi,

we need to build some internet connection at the edge of the rain forest
here in ecuador, and have some questions about hardware choices.

there is a wifi service being beamed from huge antennas on a hill-top,
but it is not quite strong enough and so we need to have an outdoor
antenna on the roof. this means that we need either loads of cabling,
which is not really an option, or we need to be able to pick up that
signal with one antenna and then broadcast locally a new signal
(preferably with a DHCP server) from another antenna- and in the best
case scenario it would all happen with one and the same little access
point style piece of hardware.

is it possible? what hardware can do this?

it is not really an option to configure a box to do the trick for a
variety of reasons, including money, space and unstable electricity

thanks,
mp