[AktiviX-discuss] An Autonomous Server (Aktivix?) hosting another Wiki?

Harry Halpin hhalpin at ibiblio.org
Tue Jun 27 08:29:27 UTC 2006

Hiya,
    Some friends of mine, a group of committed activists based mostly in
San Francisco, in the USA have been inspired by the Zapatista Other
Campaign and have held a series of meetings and discussions under the
name of "Praxis" on how to "revive" autonomous activism in the USA. As
some of you may know, this is a badly needed endeavour, as activism in
the USA has been rather hard since Sept. 11th. Many of these activists
are the same people who helped with the San Fran shutdown that happened
the day the war on Iraq started, the largest movement victory in the USA
since Sept. 11th.

They really would like to use a wiki to host their discussions and notes
from meetings. Eventually they want to get a proper website out there
available for the public, but they first would like a wiki.  Given the
current abysmal state of affairs in the USA, they do not want it hosted
in the USA but would prefer anywhere overseas (although I warned them
the UK is probably not much better!). They'd like mediaWiki, and would
like to at first keep the Wiki closed to the people in the discussion
process until it solidifies a bit. They'd be happy to be hosted about
anywhere, so if either Aktivix or another server could do this it would
be great. They'd like a subdomain name like praxis.aktivix.net.

    I'm putting this out on the discussion list as I don't know if
aktivix offers wikis,  and maybe another server like j12 or somewhere
else in Europe would be best.

           thanks!
             harry