[AktiviX-discuss] An Autonomous Server (Aktivix?) hosting another Wiki?

scott scott at aktivix.org
Tue Jun 27 21:38:16 UTC 2006

hia,

these are some general comments about aktivix and mediawiki-hosting.

- aktivix has some facility to host wikis. in particular, we have been trying to
set up a wiki farm and, bar a few minor technical hitches, this is almost done.

- unfortunately, we've had some difficulties with the server over the past month
or two, so we've not been able to work on the wikifarm, instead having to focus
on other problems.

- the server now appears to be more stable, and we have some backups that should
be coming online soon

- i do not have time to do any more work on this, though, so we're looking for
someone who is able to help with/take over the running of a mediawikifarm. until
that point, i don't think that we should be taking on new projects.

there are alternative possibilities and i would be happy to discuss these
further off list.

i hope this helps somewhat - i guess in part it depends upon the urgency of the
request.

peace,

	--scott