[AktiviX-discuss] lists.aktivix.org -- BUGS!!

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Mon Mar 13 12:36:07 UTC 2006

Quoting Charlie Harvey <charlie at peopleandplanet.org>:

> aktivix-request:      "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper request aktivix"

exim can scan the mailman lists directory and set up the transport for the list
on the fly, so it doens't need to use an aliases file.

mailman_router:
        driver = accept
        require_files = /srv/${domain}/mailman/lists/$local_part/config.pck
        local_part_suffix_optional
        local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
                -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
                -owner : -request : -admin
        transport = mailman_transport

Except in this case it sees aktivix-request as a  part of a list called aktivix
which doesn't exist ....

So we could put it the aliases instead.  BUT debian disables pipes in aliases
when using exim by default.. so its RTFM again

> In /etc/aliases, at least that's how I set up lman lists. If you switch
> that off it means that auto processing of emailed commands won't happen
> so it may be better to change the list name. How about gimme-aktivix?

that gets my vote!!

> --
> perl -e 'shift; $priorities for($people and not $profit); \
> my $soul; die unless (++$resistance and ++$love);'

nice poem

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily