[AktiviX-discuss] silly questions

ana ana at aktivix.org
Thu Sep 7 17:54:19 UTC 2006

Hi again,

browsing some lists.indymedia archives, I am realising how 'very' many,
specially in the "global south" are operating with gmail accounts to do
indymedia stuff.

I guess there are not many servers like aktivix or riseup to give them
addresses... so my silly questions would be on the line of, do we want to get
involved in changing this?

are we concerned about good people using corporate email providers? do we want
to be a general providers of 'good' email addresses?

another question is the practical, economical status of the server. i know it is
not as critical as an indymedia server would be but, how protected is it?

ok i'll stop there. In one hand it really saddens me that people wanting to
create indymedias continue to use hotmail, msn messangeries, etc.,... and on
the other hand I realise we are a limited-resources bunch.

But it would be something to talk about in a future face-to-face meeting maybe
..

ana

--
http://ana.aktivix.org