[AktiviX-discuss] rogue list subscriptions and spam

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Wed Jan 24 22:56:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

Has anyone else recently found themselves subscribed to Aktivix
lists without having asked to be? In my case the first one was
imc-uk-emergency about a week ago and it was with my personal
email address which I do not use for list subscriptions.
I have not attempted to unsubscribe yet and so far I have
received only spam (curiously there is nothing in the list
archive since May 2006).

Now today I have received what appears to be an email from
the Atv list at Aktivix. Another list that I never subscribed
to, and which is sending to my personal email address. Only
one message from this list so far and it is spam. The message
was sent to my server by somme.aktivix.org:

        by jet.blackcatnetworks.co.uk with esmtps
+(TLS-1.0:RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA:32)
        (Exim 4.50)
        id 1H9nlR-0004Uz-EK
        for *********************; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:26:39 +0000