[AktiviX-discuss] rogue list subscriptions and spam

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Thu Jan 25 12:45:41 UTC 2007

  Hi

Quoting Ian Gregory <aktiv at zenatode.org.uk>:

> Now today I have received what appears to be an email from
> the Atv list at Aktivix. Another list that I never subscribed
> to, and which is sending to my personal email address. Only
> one message from this list so far and it is spam. The message
> was sent to my server by somme.aktivix.org:

>         by jet.blackcatnetworks.co.uk with esmtps
>
> +(TLS-1.0:RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA:32)
>
>         (Exim 4.50)
>
>         id 1H9nlR-0004Uz-EK
>
>         for *********************; Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:26:39 +0000
>
> Does anyone know what is going on?

Your personal address is used as an owner of an aktivix list ( ie the
yourlist-owner at lists.aktivix.org redirects to it. )

The mails in question were addressed to a list ( for example
atv at lists.aktivix.org ) but also bcc'ed to yourlist-owner at lists.aktivix.org,
where you recieve a copy of it

hope this helps

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla
cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality