[AktiviX-discuss] Request for email address

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Tue Jul 17 14:50:02 UTC 2007

Quoting Alan <alan at aktivix.org>:

> There is an issue though, they currently use their main email to send
> out a LOT of emails, in the region of 1000 - 3000 every 2 weeks or so
> (sorry I forgot the figure that was mentioned to me, but it is still a lot).
>
> This usage could be transfered to a mailing list server.
> but they have a detailed address book that they use to manage supporters
> contacts and are grouped in different ways requiring different emails
> sent to different groups.
>
> So it looks like either set up numerous mailing lists, or try to manage
> with an email address

This would  be my choice for you.  Setting up mailing lists is easy.  I  think
almost anybody in irc has the ability to do it for you.  And the lists server
is much better specced than the mailbox machine.

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla
cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality