[AktiviX-discuss] dying under the spam

max* max at tofubandits.org.uk
Fri Nov 9 09:31:23 UTC 2007

Hi All

> Greylisting is a technique where when a mailserver temporarily rejects
> email from new senders.  The senders mailserver will queue the mail and
> retry later. At this point its accepted.

Since the delay only happens once, and not every time, is there a good reason
why this shouldn't be used on the aktivix personal email too?

The only time I can imagine this to be a potential problem is when you're
expecting that "urgent email" from someone - and in that case 90% of the time
it's from someone who you've already had correspondence with (ie so no
delay). Add to that the humongous decrease in spam (and time taken to
manually filter that...)

What do others think?

all the best

max

PS humongous was in my kmail spell checker - how's that for weird - i could
have sworn it was spelt humungous!