[AktiviX-discuss] dying under the spam

ana ana at aktivix.org
Thu Nov 22 18:54:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

trying to catch up with emails ...

scott wrote:
> isn't this what is done for indymedia? the spam control there is a lot better and,
> i think, this is a good direction to go. i'm not a mail expert tho...

I don't think so, but you can ask listwork ... all i know about it is
that it is not a mail server with mailboxes, it only has lists and
aliases, and that those do get a bit of spam too.

What I'd half-dare compare aktivix with is riseup, and its system to
report spam - whether you are using imap, or webmail, or pine, you can
put your spam out of the inbox and into the Spam folder and that is the
way to report it as spam, whereas we can only report it from the web
interface and it takes an extra step to actually delete it.

But as I said on a previous email, the spam situation has improved :)

ana