[AktiviX-discuss] dying under the spam

r7 r7 at aktivix.org
Thu Nov 22 22:32:43 UTC 2007

ana wrote:

> What I'd half-dare compare aktivix with is riseup, and its system to
> report spam - whether you are using imap, or webmail, or pine, you can
> put your spam out of the inbox and into the Spam folder and that is the
> way to report it as spam, whereas we can only report it from the web
> interface and it takes an extra step to actually delete it.

you can report spam using *any* email client that supports redirecting,
not just the web interface. redirect the email to
spam-bin[at]burngreave[dot]net [which is what the 'report as spam'
button does in the horde interface]. thunderbird does not do redirecting
out of the box, but the following 'Mail Redirect' and 'Fast Mail
Redirect' add-ons add that functionality, and more.

using that and the inbuilt teachable junk functions of thunderbird seem
to be squashing the vast majority for me.

r7