[AktiviX-discuss] [Fwd: Fwd: We're not there yet. Please show a little love.]

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Thu Aug 6 23:50:28 UTC 2009

> aktivix folks, please see the thread below. can anyone please shed some
> insight, and have any better advice? ana's point that this probably
> affects addresses mostly at yahoo, msn and gmail only underscores *how
> many* recipients are affected by this.
>
> thanks, frank

Hi...

I dont see _any_ problems here...

To address your main point about the -bounce address on the envelope.
I think you are confused between the mail envelope and mail content.
This is standard practice for all sensible mailing list software.
If a message is undeliverable for some reason the mailing list software will learn of this, and eventually stop attempting to send mail to rogue addresses.

see http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node25.html

The email envelope From header is not the same as the email From: in the content

The From: header is what your mail client shows as the mail from:

The difference between email content and envelope is explained in RFC 2821 and 2822
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2821
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822

Therefore I think that your claims that mail cannot be delivered because of the bounce processing are spurious
Thats not to say that they are not being delivered, but that your list members should take it up with their mail service providers and whitelist lists.aktivix.org

--
Alan Dawson