[AktiviX-discuss] China blog advice

Alan alan at aktivix.org
Fri May 15 11:24:34 UTC 2009

Hi all, I have an activist techie specific question for people here if
you don't mind me asking.

I've been asked to help advise and setup an activism/informational blog
for someone based in China. It's not going to be directly critical of
the government but it is about showing alternatives and providing
information. They still want to be careful about where it's hosted and
the author's privacy.

So to my questions

- is there free hosted blogs that are recommended for activist type
content in China? Obviously terms and conditions get changed all the
time with these setups, so it's likely we would pay for a server and run
the blog there so which hosting providers would you recommend? Or what
country should the hosting be based in?

- how can the author protect their privacy? I suggested installing TOR
but is that enough? She might be using computers where she cannot
install software.

Thanks for any suggestions on this

Alan (Rampart)