[AktiviX-discuss] [AktiviX-users] list-admins: Changes to lists.aktivix.org subscription process

Alan Dawson aland at aktivix.org
Fri Mar 12 21:09:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 03:28:54PM -0500, Frank Susa wrote:

>> This Connection is Untrusted
>>
>> You have asked Firefox to connect securely to lists.aktivix.org, but
>> we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you
>> try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to
>> prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's
>> identity can't be verified.
>
> your security certification needs to be corrected a.s.a.p. in order for
> us to continue using your mailman software for our bulk email needs.
> there's no way our email outreach will ever work if we have to send
> folks through a confirmation page that gives them security warning
> messages like this. nobody will trust us, and nobody will subscribe.

Hi, Frank,

Can you send me a screen shot showing the certificate chain that firefox sees ( similar to the attachment here ).

We've started using a commercial certificate from Gandi SAS, that should be trusted in the major browsers.
We did this precisely because of the concerns you raise.

Thanks,

--
Alan Dawson