[AktiviX-discuss] [AktiviX-users] list-admins: Changes to lists.aktivix.org subscription process

Frank Susa frank at mixnyc.org
Fri Mar 12 20:28:54 UTC 2010

alan - i understand where this is coming from, and don't blame you guys
for wanting to take measures to protect your domain. BUT it certainly
doesn't help us build trust with our potential subscribers when they get
a mailman-generated invite and are given a confirmation link that takes
them to an "untrusted" and insecure webpage. when i just tested the new
bulk invite functionality you describe below, i was taken to a page with
the following warning:

> This Connection is Untrusted
>
> You have asked Firefox to connect securely to lists.aktivix.org, but
> we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you
> try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to
> prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's
> identity can't be verified.

your security certification needs to be corrected a.s.a.p. in order for
us to continue using your mailman software for our bulk email needs.
there's no way our email outreach will ever work if we have to send
folks through a confirmation page that gives them security warning
messages like this. nobody will trust us, and nobody will subscribe.

thanks,
frank

Frank Susa | Board Chair | MIX NYC
212 608 0805 | frank at mixnyc.org <mailto:frank at mixnyc.org> | mixnyc.org