[AktiviX-discuss] [BigPlan] Aktivix and the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign against Israel

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Sun May 15 15:17:45 UTC 2011

Hi

On Sun 15-May-2011 at 02:24:53PM +0000, gdm wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 02:26:06PM +0100, Chris wrote:
> > On Sun 15-May-2011 at 01:08:13PM +0100, tom hayes wrote:
> > >
> > > How does this come about - is it a block by some members of the
> > > collective
> >
> > Yes.
>
> again, i think that is incorrect. as i already said, there was an
> extended discussion about it. there were no blocks

I have re-read the discussion from March 2010 and you are correct, there
was no formal "block", but requests for new BDS lists have been turned
down and the crux of the disagreement for me is in this exchange:

----

----

> anyway, i'm not sure that continuing the current conversation is
> entirely relevant: there has been no request from aktivix for the
> 'bigplan' list - or any others - to migrate away

As far as I'm aware the list members were not aware until today that
some of the people running their list server consider that they are in
"effect if not by intention -- antisemitic" They might not have a
problem with this, or they might, it's a matter for them to consider, if
they want to...

> no-one in the collective has any problems with the continued hosting of
> this list.

That's odd, when this matter was discussed in March 2010 I was unaware
that the biggest BDS list in the UK was already hosted on aktivix -- if
I had known it was I would have sugested that to start rejecting lists
of this nature would constitute a change of policy which required
consensus -- there were only two people opposed to the hosting of new
BDS lists.

All the best

Chris