[AktiviX-discuss] free social network(s)

mickfuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Wed Sep 26 13:11:08 UTC 2012

> I've come across another project that also didn't rely on core for a
> similar reason. Then there is CiviCRM which also doesn't. It's a
> paradigm I just don't get. I'd be interested to know you're thoughts on
> it. For me it seems to take the worst of both worlds. The rigidity of
> Drupal without the power. For example if I was looking at federating
> data I'd either:
> use Drupal and then use http://drupal.org/project/services to allow
> access to the data via some standard API and be able to leverage all the
> power of stuff like Views to pull this data out of Drupal;
> or not Drupal it and write with a framework that doesn't bake in so many
> assumptions.

I think the real *advantage* of CiviCRM is the pre-existing framework,
And then there's the good community and their support docs.

http://book.civicrm.org

I was able to get a community going with it by installing civicrm on
their website and then sending them a book and telling the to get on
with it :)

http://members.sunseed.org.uk