[AktiviX-discuss] Enigmail 1.7 vs aktivix's mailman

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sun Aug 10 13:34:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 11:36:14AM +0100, Metabrot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're having a PGP encrypted mailing list on lists.aktivix.org and since
> we upgraded to Enigmail 1.7 locally our messages on that list - and that
> list only - are parsed wrong and displayed wrongly. Enigmail reports:

trying to understand the problem here.

You have a mailman list at lists.aktivix.org.
( yourlist at lists.aktivix.org )
You have generated an openpgp key with the list address as a uid
You've distributed the public and private key to all the list members, so that they can
encrypt to it and decrypt the distributed messages.

I've never used mailman in this way before, and I don't use enigmail, but
aktivix has an installation of schleuder http://schleuder2.nadir.org/ that is designed
to be used with gpg mailing lists

Regards,

Alan Dawson