[alt-media-res] news - october and interviews

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Wed Jul 12 16:30:12 BST 2006

hi all
latest news is, the british film institute is def hosting the
london-transmission public facing events, this booked for trwo sessions on
14th october. I'm on the organising committee for that and we are drafting a
blurb. would be really nice to get an initial signal of interest - or not -
on my proposal (in recent mail) to look into perhaps funding some research
on online video metadata standards etc in prep for that event...?
please do ask if you want more info, formal suggestion or whatever.
meanwhile I've put most of my interviews so far on the FTP, so if anyone
else wants to arrange some transcription (Andre? the MP3 files are there for
you. I'll get on with a few of them; could suggest that good ones to do your
end would be andrew, gerbrand, maxigas and agnese (sorry that is cut in
three parts due to battery issues). once written up, it could be good for me
to check any transcripts done by others for misunderstood terms etc... or
give the transcriber my number for any queries?
cheers all.. looking forward to seeing pennie home!
xz

"It is easier to imagine the end of the world than to imagine the end of
capitalism."   Fredric Jameson

Films about International Financial Institutions: http://www.ifiwatch.tv
Writing on the Global Environment Facility: http://www.newgreenorder.info
http://shootingpeople.org/cards/zoe      skype name: zoeyou
tel: +44 (0) 20 7723 2875   mobile: +44 (0) 7931 316 970
zoe at esemplastic.net, eyes at ifiwatchnet.org, zoeontheroad at hotmail.com