[alt-media-res] tx notes and audio files

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Mon Oct 30 13:51:03 GMT 2006

hello there

well, there's a good bit of documentation on the
http://www.clearerchannel.org/transwiki/ site,
and I'm wanting to add some more notes and audio files and link to them from
working groups' wikis,
but (as after the rome meeting...) I'm not finding the structure easy to
engage with at all.

when i try to get to the audio files that I gave to john to give to simon to
put online (?!)
using the info simon put on the list,
I get an option to download a zip file
which doesn't work for me.
so, can anyone help please?
how can we get the MP3 files into an easily accessed online space
with a separate url for each file so that we can link to them separately?
also i want to upload another couple of MP3 files to this (notional) space,
how would I do this please?

then with notes, most of mine and various other peoples' went into irc.
there is a good wodge of irc notes at
http://www.clearerchannel.org/transwiki/index.php?title=Irc.freenode.net#transmission.cc
but these stop sometime on I think saturday evening, and are also hardly
divided up to be of use to working groups.
maxigas and others have put some pre-notes and stuff online,
which is great, but very partial coverage.
perhaps we can do a call out for any other notes people have taken to be
added to the wiki?
but before that it would be best i think to have the irc notes story sorted
out....
I remember hearing tell that they were all being logged somewhere,
is that so, if so, can i get at them please?
then at least there will be a basis of rough notes for most sessions to
which people can add if they choose...

thanks for any help/advice on all this

xz

Networking Online Video Distribution for Social Change:
http://www.transmission.cc
Films about International Financial Institutions: http://www.ifiwatch.tv
Writing on the Global Environment Facility: http://www.newgreenorder.info
http://shootingpeople.org/cards/zoe      skype name: zoeyou
tel: +44 (0) 20 7723 2875   mobile: +44 (0) 7931 316 970
zoe at esemplastic.net, eyes at ifiwatchnet.org, zoeontheroad at hotmail.com