[alt-media-res] http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2006/09/350184.html?c=on#c155898

zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Fri Sep 8 11:56:03 BST 2006

the myspace con !
m | 07.09.2006 16:26 | Free Spaces | Globalisation | Technology | Liverpool
| World

Misguided by the web

What is wrong with everyone?
Why does everyone seem to think the cool thing to have and use is myspace?
It is owned by Fox News aka Murdoch.
They now have a vastly growing database of all people registering, their
personal details and preferences and whom they are in contact with. Its so
damn easy for them, and we keep encouraging them by signing up for for more
myspace accounts.
The government won't need the bloody id cards now, they've already got most
of us tagged on myf****ngspace!

  a.. Download this article in pdf format
  b.. Email this article to someone;
  c.. Submit an addition or make a quick comment on this article
Comments
Hide the following 5 comments

Some insight from Wired
07.09.2006 17:06

An interesting article in Wired on Fox's aquisition of Myspace.
Drax the Destroyer
 Homepage: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.07/murdoch.html

----

MySpace Invaders
07.09.2006 19:45

Santa Cruz, California corporate-weekly article: MySpace Invaders

Santa Cruz artists consider the pros and cons of selling themselves to
Rupert Murdoch
 http://metroactive.com/metro-santa-cruz/04.12.06/myspace-0615.html
no fan of MySpace

----

Google is the biggest Con
07.09.2006 20:07

myspace is a baby. Google is the new Ali Baba on the block, gullible masses
are giving google infomation(stock) for free not mentioning the "Adsense"and
google is making a fortune. What a laugh!!!! Uh, they also put profit before
human rights in China.
jerome

----

You got me thinking!
07.09.2006 22:29

Seems that ye-olde-Indymedia is a tad out of date - it takes ages to post,
you don't know who else is online, there are no tools to organise a riot
(oops event), and where are the poster profiles?
Given the lies told by the evil Australian (oops American) I doubt that
'free speech' is allowed on 'stalk-space'. I detect market opportunity! Time
to make Indymedia the place for people wanting to 'be the media' and do more
with their time than check out the local talent. Indymedia could evolve
along the lines of 'Slashdot' rather than 'Stalk-space', maybe with one
global site instead of lots of unconnected 'local' sites stuffed with dull
reposts.
So long as a committee doesn't have to botch it, a tried and tested
open-source 'postNuke' could be put together in a weekend. We could leave it
to the individual readers to decide what they censor and lock it down so
that the government snitches cannot surf in the shadows. All possible with
cryptography.
Who is up for Indymedia2?
required

----

You got me thinking too
08.09.2006 07:03

[...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm game: time to upgrade/update and make this a meaningful and more
real-time virtual space
dr jeckyl does not hyde

Is it now easier to imagine the end of the world than to imagine the end of
capitalism?

Films about International Financial Institutions: http://www.ifiwatch.tv
Writing on the Global Environment Facility: http://www.newgreenorder.info
http://shootingpeople.org/cards/zoe      skype name: zoeyou
tel: +44 (0) 20 7723 2875   mobile: +44 (0) 7931 316 970
zoe at esemplastic.net, eyes at ifiwatchnet.org, zoeontheroad at hotmail.com