[alt-media-res] [Imc-uk-network] ESRC funded research project on Indymedia UK

devlishmay at aktivix.org devlishmay at aktivix.org
Wed Jan 3 15:55:53 GMT 2007

We write as some of the participants in the alt-media-research project that has
been discussed on and off in uk imc networks.
This project has supported action research in independent media initiatives
relating to online video networking, ifiwatching networks, grassroots
Palestinian media, Canadian, Serbian and South American independent medias, and
also made a contribution to researching IMC London's history. The process has
mostly involved open ended interviews with individuals, facilitating
organisation and documentation of meetings, encouraging students to learn about
and engage with the open processes of independent media, and volunteering
within projects.
We have tried to adopt an ethical research process with each subproject. This
aims to prioritise informed consent, and to ensure that nobody is named if they
choose not to be. Participants have the right to withdraw information given in
interviews at any stage of the research, and all the outcomes will be made
publically available. The address of our working wiki has been made widely
available: it is
http://alt-media-res.clearerchannel.org/public/index.php?title=Main_Page.
The initial research proposal has evolved into focusing on specific areas of alt
media production rather than focusing on the indymedia network as a whole. If
you have any questions or comments, please refer to the FAQs on the wiki, or
e-mail us, we look forward to hearing from you.
Zoe, Sian and Pennie.

Quoting phunkee at aktivix.org:

	<phunkee>	http://www.esrcsocietytoday.ac.uk/ESRCInfoCentre/ViewAwardPage.aspx?data=%2fFrXHTl993r%2b%2batuUxVraBgZvVQg%2bjzpmGAca8L%2beRV6Y2ge9fW3BYQR4n6H8P5YifkfSS9YiXdBofmc%2bw7hLtlOP1ygkTN9tLE5w%2bMyYhFYPif97r0POPKgZZD%2fxC8kpVJ7JALGN1oo%2bA7308A4FjoCKN7Hmp70XoyWjWMShj83fLKNx5gUf4MMdcBh3Dql2oS85LeLMqRccDAqIzSWZstjZCu%2boBXocGLmVDdeFTAW%2fjQHNw0LKajzK2D3rHacXzWTG%2feWl7sgTFNQrBlbbuH4GLaDHQB93%2bXcELRPywMLydWUUBz6mEJJSDYxjpWtiMNWVDF1sLC4iclwstYGZOOWNt9oojre9Drytquqwse8qBYVGmo95Q%3d%3d&xu=&isAwardHolder=&isProfiled=&AwardHolderID=&Sector=

	<shiar>	https://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/alt-media-res/2006-October/000078.html

	<scott>	https://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/aktivix-discuss/2005-December/000878.html