[blag-whereto] Blog / log summary

john maclean jayeola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 02:08:54 GMT 2008

2008/12/14 Jason Pappin <jason at craftstream.com>:
> How do we stand with regards to hosting BLAG and all the repos?

So far I have enough diskspace to maintain the /stable/ repo only

> I am fine hosting the site with the direct download as long as you want. I
> will keep the forums updated and spam free also.
>
> Would anyone like to maintain the site itself? If so let me know and I will
> send out the FTP details.

What would this entail?

> I also am fine managing all of the DNS and @blagblagblag.org email address
> if you want. Currently none of the @blag email addresses are routing.
>
> What sort of server specs we will need to host the BLAG repos? We could get
> a cheap box from the planet for perhaps $50 per month but you get exactly
> what you pay for.

Jebba had approx 750GB IIRC public, but he had mirrored other stuff as
well. I'd say that 70GB is a fair estimate for each edition.
90k = 70gb
100k = 70gb etc

> I have read before someone downloads the entire repo daily and while that is
> fine, 50GB x 30 does push the monthly bandwidth up a fair bit. Does this
> person who downloads the entire repo also host it publicly? If so that is
> useful.

We had better start listing all of the kimsufi mirrors and each mirror
should list the other mirrors, perhaps?

> Jeff leaving is a big blow but not a fatal blow and I applaud the efforts of
> the BLAG community to keep BLAG alive. Well done everyone.

Big footsteps to follow. I mean /massive/!!