[blag-whereto] Fwd: Blog / log summary

john maclean jayeola at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 01:17:26 GMT 2008

2008/12/13  <renilgh at riseup.net>:
> I put this text on https://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Blog/20081213 :
>
> Following last thursday's meeting's log I made up this as a draft of a
> plan:
>
> The idea of switching to CentOS due to slower release cicles seemes to
> be dismissed or at least has turned out to be something we still can
> consider in the far future when there actually i a new CentOS release.
> Anyway our demand seems to be *more* bleeding edge and not less.
>
> Furthermore I assume (or put up for discussion) our aim is FC11 / BLAG
> 110k!
>
> Until then 90k1 Should be good enough and be our stable.
> It seems to be very advisable to produce updates for 90k1 in order to:
> - practice packaging
> - learn about repos
> - enhance security
> - show that BLAG is still alive
>
> r7 has a list of stuff to go in the repo. To reach any target, updates
> for 90k1 being a waypoint (maybe a travelling milestone) on the way to
> 110k, we can put our highest priority objective for the moment into
> words:
>
> GET OUR REPOSITORY TO PULL STUFF FROM OTHER REPOS PROPERLY
>
> Our repo? Since we have defined our objective, here come the
> essentials we need to get there:
>
> A repo needs a serving operating as work box to develop on.
> Precondition to set up such is to know what will be demanded from it.
> Jayeola: What can and what can't be done with the kimsufi box? Is it
> possible to point yum/apt to it as it has been pointing to jebba's box?
>
> Apart from this information we are in need of a more accessible flow of
> information through all the different platforms and may be in need of
> some funds for the server. Please everybody raise whatever you can.

jayeola at ac1d:~$ ssh ks355011.kimsufi.com 'df'
/dev/sda1              3099260    760276   2181552  26% /
udev                     10240        28     10212   1% /dev
/dev/sda2            150221600 108902124  33688604  77% /home
jayeola at ac1d:~$ ssh ks355011.kimsufi.com 'du -sch ~/public_html'
70G     /home/jayeola/public_html
70G     total

Bit tight for space but I can point what ever I like to what ever I
want. Main purpose of me not doing so up until now is wanting to keep
that repo as "pristine as possible".

Loads of chaps are using this server to get rpms, iso and stuff from.
That's why it's there ;-)

Just tell me what you want and I'll do it if it makes sense.

--
John Maclean
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT