[blag-whereto] from a user

john maclean jayeola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:42:37 BST 2009

2009/4/2 sam <uYK8 at riseup.net>:

> Hello. Ordinary user here, I normally don't post publicly, but I need
> help, and I already bothered other people with my questions. I Have two
> computers with Blag on them: an old one where I installed 90001 several
> months ago and can't logged in, but I'm waiting till a better version
> comes to install over it, I am not concerned about this one as I got
> another problem.
>
> My second one which was working perfectly is a Dell D520 and had an old
> Blag version until the night before yesterday when I installed Ubuntu
> 8.4LTS to test something and now I can't get rid off it with my same old
> Blag CD. Is there any way I can do this (delete Ubuntu) and/or reinstall
> over Ubuntu which may have updated itself to a betta version and it took
> over my machine?

What have you tried and has not worked? I'll outline some steps but
please elaborate on what you did.

- back up yo' shit
- grab the blag install media (dvd/cd/usb key...)
- put media in machine
- poweroff
- turn on and check that the box can install from the media in at the BIOS stage
- continue past bios to boot box
- if your media is ok then proceed with installation
- clean all existing partitions at the partitioning stage [0]
 - proceed with installation

I'll upload some screenshots to a server so that I can show you an
example of [0]

That make sense?

 I don't think there is a better distro than Blag and I