[blag-whereto] Taking a three week leave of absence

Homer blag at slated.org
Sat Apr 11 19:06:56 BST 2009

As you may have all noticed, my participation in BLAG has been minimal
over the last couple of weeks. This is because I'm in the process of
selling my house, and in the meantime, moving into temporary
accommodation as well. Sometime thereafter, I'll be buying a new house.
In addition to a loss of free time, this also means a loss of Internet
connectivity, until after I move, starting either Monday or Tuesday, for
a period of around 2 - 3 weeks.

Therefore I request that someone else take over the following task for
the duration of that time:

 . Build a Centos 4.7 compatible binary distribution (tarball) of
   Creatrepo, based on the upstream SRPM (sources and patches) of
   createrepo-0.9.7-1.fc11.src.rpm. Since you will not have root
   access to Slated, you'll need to do this on a local machine (or
   Qemu image) of Centos 4.7, and please set the "--prefix" to
   "/home/slatedor/local", which will mean creating an account called
   "slatedor" and a directory called "local" in that user's home
   directory. This will then hopefully produce binaries that work on the
   Slated shared host. Also, please ensure you build x86_64 binaries,
   since this is the architecture of the target machine. Be aware that
   building this package is a non-trivial task, involving many
   dependencies and sub-dependencies, all of which will also need to be
   built from source, and installed into "/home/slatedor/local",
   including various development headers and source files. Please ensure
   that the whole process is done only using sources, and not RPMS,
   especially not "devel" packages, since bear in mind I can /not/
   install those dependencies on the target machine (shared host with no
   root access).

The Trac ticket for this task is here:

http://trac.slated.org/index.cgi/ticket/14

My sincere apologies for this disruption, and my bad timing, but I'm
afraid it was unavoidable due to personal circumstances.

Best wishes.

--
K.
http://slated.org

 19:06:25 up 157 days,  1:49,  4 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.06, 0.04