[blag-whereto] [Fwd: Fedora 11 Mass Rebuild Status]

Homer blag at slated.org
Fri Feb 27 22:37:40 GMT 2009

FYI:

This may give you all an idea of what it takes, in terms of time and
resources, to produce a release. This is essentially what I'm about to
do with BLAG110K, except without the benefit of Red Hat's massive array
of servers. What took Fedora 4 days, may well take me up to 4 weeks or
more (including the initial setup), so I ask for your patience and
understanding.

Hopefully in the (near?) future, we may have some help (i.e. use of
hardware) from the FSF, so future (re)builds will be somewhat faster,
especially if we get around to using Plague for distributed building.

To track the progress of BLAG11K, and other related events, please see
the plan: http://plan.slated.org/week.php?user=BLAGbuilder

Apologies in advance to those on BT/Virgin broadband, who are blocked
from Slated as a result of this: http://www.inphormationdesk.org

Thanks.