[blag-whereto] GNU Bucks (and follow-up on my last mail)

renilgh at riseup.net renilgh at riseup.net
Fri Oct 2 12:41:53 BST 2009

This is a proposal for an admittedly short response based on what we
talked about yesterday. Give me two yeses and I'll send it or give me
one no and I wont. Add what you'd like to see in there or write it all
again in clean native-speaking English. (:

Hi Brett,

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:41:03 -0400
Brett Smith <brett at fsf.org> wrote:

> In order to implement this program, can you please let us know how you
> would like to receive these bug reports? Any reasonable method is fine
> -- forum, mailing list, you get the idea. We'll collect all that
> information for all the endorsed distros and publish it on the GNU
> Bucks site -- we want to make sure that you can deal with these
> reports as easily as possible. If you could let me know where we
> should point people who have BLAG reports, I'd appreciate it. And if
> you could also give me an idea of what your timeline for BLAG
> development looks like now, like I was asking in the last e-mail, I'd
> doubly extra appreciate that.  :)
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for the information about GNU Buck, looks like a very useful
effort. Although hopefully there wont be that much need to use
it. ;)
The current issue-tracking tool of choice is TRAC which runs on
http://blag.fsf.org/ . If anyone posts some buckreport to our forums at
http://forums.blagblagblag.org/ or to one of the MLs it will of course
be noticed and processed (to a TRAC ticket) as well.

On the more complicated issue of a timeline:
At the moment we are facing some issues which our koji setup. These
should hopefully be settled on the next weekend and if we do well and
no new obstacles arise the basic infrastructure for actually starting to
roll the distro again could be available within a week.
How much work we'll actually have in front of us by then we in all
honesty can't tell by now.
We wish we could make more significant statements on that particular
question, but we simply don't know enough yet.

Thanks and regards,
The BLAG collective