[blag-whereto] Diversity and use of hardware being used for blag

Abdur-Rahman Morgan arm at tearms.org
Sun Jan 3 01:41:15 UTC 2010

Hello All,

My apologies, first, as you all are the list members and not the forum
members. This info is duplicated in the forums as well.

http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?p=27269#27269

Presently, I am using F12 with a linux libre kernel on an Acer
Travelmate C300 Tablet Notebook. The specifications for my system can be
found here:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/0000/Acer/TravelMateC300/TravelMateC300sp2.shtml

Briefly, the specs are P4 Centrino 1.7GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 250GB HD, DVD-/+RW

I first used this system with blag 60k, but primarily with 70k and 90k.
All hardware worked well out of the box but I had to configure X.org for
the digitizer and pen. I primarily used xournal and gournal for writing
and drawing, xvkbd for a virtual on screen keyboard, cellwriter for
handwriting recognition and gimp, qcad and other drawing design
applications respectively

The system today has Fedora 12 with a linux-libre kernel installed. All
hardware works out of the box including the digitizer and pen. I use the
same applications and have been trying primarily, but have been trying
indic onscreen keyboard.

I am satisfied overall with the experience using blag.

Secondly, I have a desktop system. This will vary from time to time
because I like to build my own desktops, but as a benchmark, I usually
run a single core system (2.0Ghz or up)or dual core (1.6Ghz or up)
minimally with 1GB RAM, 500GB+ dependent on what I am using it for.
Primarily, my desktops, I use my ogg/vorbis library of music and I will
start playing around with encoding video in theora or other free formats.

Typically, based on how I feel, I will usually swap from running F12(in
the future blag 120k) or gNewSense to play with the features of
different distros, but I have been using qemu and Virtual Machine
Manager lately to run this within the distro that I am using.

Thanks!