[blag-whereto] BLAG future development and endorsement

Ineiev ineiev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 03:23:19 UTC 2010

Hello, Brett,

On 1/21/10, Brett Smith <brett at fsf.org> wrote:
> ability to follow through on the commitment, people who download BLAG
> expecting only to get free software may be unpleasantly surprised to
> find well-known problematic software in the distribution.  And that sort
> of surprise is exactly the feeling our endorsement is meant to prevent.

Thank you for attention to the distribution. actually, the current
state is so miserable
that even downloading BLAG is problematic: there is no working RPM repository,
the CD image is all the visitor can download.

And I'm absolutely sure (though I'm not a BLAG developer) that issues
you mention
shall be addressed before the next BLAG release (if any); in
particular, there was
a suggestion on the BLAG forum to use IceCat instead of Firefox. thank you
for pointing up these problems.

Regards,
Ineiev